08/2021 COVID-19 POLICY UPDATE:
Keeping our residents safe from Covid-19
A message from: Shauna Garza Executive Director of Assisted Living & Nicole Iverson Director of Independent Living
Marian Estates Independent and Assisted Living community continues to be committed to keeping our residents safe during the ongoing Coronavirus Disease 2019 (Covid-19) Pandemic. Many of our residents are elderly and may have underlying medical conditions putting them at a very high risk of becoming sick, or severely ill with Covid-19. Visitors and employees are the most likely sources of introduction of the virus into these types of communities.
To protect our vulnerable residents with Flue Season approaching, we are continuing the following actions to reduce the risk of COVID-19 in our residents and staff.
- Following Oregon Health Authority and Centers for Disease Control recommendations to minimize risks. We will restrict entry for those suspected of confirmed COVID-19 known exposure.
- Visitors will be screened for fever and COVID-19 symptoms.
- Visitors who are permitted to enter the building will be required to wear a face mask within the building.
- Per state mandates healthcare personnel must wear facemasks and gloves and at times may need to wear eye protection, in order to prevent germs from spreading.
- Activities within the facility: activities inside Sloper will utilize socially distanced practices. Temperature logs will be kept at the front reception. We will help residents to practice social distancing, including during meals and to frequently wash their hands.
We encourage you to review the CDC website for information about COVID-19, including symptoms, how it spreads, and actions you can take to protect your health.
Thanks to everyone involved for keeping our residents safe and healthy. We continue to monitor the situation in our communities, and will keep everyone informed about nay new precautions that may be necessary to keep our residents safe.
For questions please contact Shauna Garza at 503-902-5970